Put your video editing skills to work as part of a stellar team that’s on a mission to help the world stress less.
Ziva’s mission is to help people turn stress into joy so together we can solve the world’s most pressing challenges — and have a great time doing it.
Founded by Emily Fletcher in 2011, Ziva has taught more than 40,000 people to meditate in 111 countries. Ziva is different from most meditation programs out there: we offer elegant digital courses that make you a self-sufficient meditator. The practice not only helps you feel good in the right now, but eradicates stress from your brain and body at a cellular level. Graduates learn a unique trifecta of mindfulness, meditation and manifesting tools to take with them for life. Our course completion and adoption rates are unprecedented.
Video is the primary medium we use to communicate with our community whether via our website, social media or streaming. We are looking for a stellar video editor to take on the day-to-day video editing needs and radically elevate the video editing capability at Ziva.
Our ideal candidate is looking to embed him or herself into the company culture and content. This person will take initiative to uplevel Ziva’s video assets, make innovative recommendations for video strategy and be a driving force and advocate for video at Ziva. This is a part-time position within the Marketing department with hours ranging from 15-25 hours/week depending on ongoing projects and promotions.
This is a role for a hyper-organized, proactive and enthusiastic professional who will work well individually and as part of a team in a fast-paced, high-volume company with competing priorities and deadlines. This is a remote position, but, if local, may have the opportunity to join team meetings in Brooklyn or Soho.
- Manage all of Ziva’s video and audio editing needs on a weekly basis and keep up with the Marketing team’s robust content calendar
- Elevate Ziva’s video assets into beautiful, digestible and valuable content to be shared via web and social media
- Create short- and long-form video content out of our raw video files and pre-existing assets from Ziva’s deep vault
- Be the team’s guide for up-to-date video trends and specs for social media, especially for Instagram and YouTube
- Create video assets for Instagram including feed, IGTV and reels
- Optimize Ziva’s video assets for YouTube
- Make recommendations for video and audio recording and streaming tools and setup as needed
- Collaborate with the Founder and Marketing team
- Follow and uplevel the company’s brand guidelines
- Maintain the company’s Video and Audio file drives using archiving best practices.
- 5+ years of experience as video editor
- Strong project management skills
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Final Cut)
- Demonstrated experience and strong portfolio of consumer-facing original content for social/digital.
- Graphic design and animation expertise are a huge plus.
- Experience with filing and organization in AWS, Google Drive and Vimeo
- Strong communication, writing and spelling/grammar skills
- Impeccable eye for visual style and branding
- Skilled in social media comprehension and video requirements across Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Facebook and others.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, very organized and capable of relentless prioritization
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- BS degree in film studies, cinematography or related field preferred
Compensation and Benefits
- This role ranges from 15-25 hrs per week based on ongoing projects. Compensation will be paid at a fixed monthly rate. The rate will be $2000 – $3000/month depending on work volume, availability and skillset.Plus:
- Work-at-home and flexible hours
- Access to all Ziva trainings (up to $10,000 value)
- Immediate opportunity to make a big impact
- A get-stuff-done yet fun culture
- Meaningful work and a strong sense of mission
- Inspiring annual team retreats (we bring a 5-star private chef)
How to Apply
This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground level of a rapidly growing company with inspiring values and a real focus on the benefit of others. If you feel aligned with this mission, and have the superstar background to match, please apply by completing this form, which includes questions about you and your experience. You will also be asked to upload a resume, cover letter, and portfolio.
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
Applications due by Sept 10 and position begins as soon as possible, preferably no later than Sept 15.