By Kelsey Mathes, zivaTEACHER
Want to indulge in fun holiday treats without loading up on heavy foods that make you feel bloated and sluggish? Try these delicious sweet potato brownies made from super foods like coconut oil, coconut nectar, and coconut flour that leave you feeling great but keep the fudgey goodness.
Fun fact: Did you know that the Tokelauans of the South Pacific get over 60% of their caloric intake from coconut fat? Their population is in great health with no evidence of heart disease.
- 1 sweet potato
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup coconut nectar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 3 Tbsp raw cacao
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Optional: Add pecans to the top
- Preheat oven to 425, puncture the sweet potato and bake for 25-30 minutes. Peel and mash when cooked through.
- Turn your oven to 350.
- Add wet ingredients (eggs, coconut oil / nectar, vanilla) – mix thoroughly.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in an 8×8 pan.