We’re Hiring an Assistant Video Editor
Ziva Meditation is on a mission to make meditation accessible, entertaining and easy to adopt for high performers. We’re looking for another star player to join this highly efficient and super fun team as an assistant video editor. This position is assistant video editor / animator for hourly work in a long-term relationship and will act as a production assistant on select in-person shoots. The work is primarily remote, but candidate must reside in NYC for in-person footage transfer. Premiere and After Effects fluency are a must. Commitment is between 3-15 hours per week on average, but potentially more in critical periods. An ideal candidate will have excellent media organization, communication skills, and design sensibilities. Hiring immediately, with flexible start date in July.
- Edit studio-quality educational direct-to-camera videos to create engaging course content, wellness tips, and online ads
- Produce motion graphics
- Source stock footage and music
- Collaborate with the team to incorporate feedback through task management software (Asana), from start to final edits
As needed, remix and edit existing videos
- Communicate with Supervisor and Lead Editor to share editing workload
- Deliver work on time; communicate expected offline / away periods to team members in a timely manner
- Production assistance on select day-long shoots (3-4 days, quarterly)
- Adobe Suite fluency (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience with motion graphic design After Effects, and the ability to create elegant shape/typographic animations
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong time management
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Attention to detail and precision
- Self-motivated with an ability to keep projects moving with minimal supervision
About the Company:
Ziva Meditation (www.zivameditation.com) offers in-person and online educational programs to help students increase their performance through a twice-daily meditation practice. We deliver course content and membership benefits through various digital portals; video is a core component of our product, and its how we reach a worldwide audience of thousands of high performers. By learning the Ziva Technique – a powerful combination of mindfulness, meditation, and manifesting – we have found that our students see increased performance in all areas of their lives. Our goal: Get the whole world meditating. Our small, but highly dedicated team operates primarily out of New York City, and we host weekly events and shoot content from our meditation studio in Soho.
How to Apply:
This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground level of a rapidly growing company with inspiring values and a real focus on the benefit of others. We care deeply about the work that we do and each other. We are hyper-dedicated, and are ready to do whatever it takes. If you feel aligned with this mission, please apply by completing this form, which includes questions about you and your experience. You will also be asked to upload a resume and cover letter, and link to a digital resume.
We look forward to receiving your application!