We’re Hiring a Studio Manager and Executive Assistant
Ziva Meditation is on a mission to make meditation accessible, attractive and easy to adopt for high performers. Our flagship studio is in the heart of SoHo in NYC. We have taught more than 20,000 students either in person or via our online course. Tens of thousands more have learned from our founder Emily Fletcher’s recent bestselling book, Stress Less, Accomplish More.
With the 2019 launch of the book Ziva is growing very rapidly. We are looking for someone who is energized by our mission and willing to go the extra mile to help this team accomplish it. The Ziva company culture is adaptive, compassionate, and exciting but also requires a high level of personal accountability, work ethic and passion. We believe “if you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” And this team is going places.
The Studio Manager + Executive Assistant is a brand new position and will own all the live events including our four day zivaLIVE course and Emily’s speaking engagements. You will be a part of the growing Operations team, which is responsible for the inner workings of Ziva, as well as Customer Success which supports our awesome global tribe of meditators. This is a unique position which includes executive and personal assistant work for the founder/CEO, managing and caring for our beautiful studio, live event administration and other operational tasks. This position will also support the Director of Operations and will get a lot of exposure to the challenges (and successes!) of a quickly growing company.
Ziva offers ongoing opportunities to develop professionally and personally. We have stellar advisors and you are encouraged to attend trainings and conferences to help you perform at the top of your game. You will have the opportunity to travel and get your hands dirty with our CRM system (Infusionsoft), websites, event planning, studio management, and some basic finance reconciliation. Prior experience in any of these areas is a big bonus.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who not only brings exceptional organization and follow-through, but is equally energized to engage with our students and give our meditators an exceptional experience. This person should also be eager for the opportunity to innovate, share ideas, and develop new systems in a demanding start-up environment.
This is a role for a hyper-organized, proactive and enthusiastic administrative professional who works well individually and as part of a team in a fast-paced, high-volume company with evolving priorities and deadlines. We want someone with professional experience working in an office, but self-motivated enough to be comfortable prioritizing and working from home.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a wide range of events, everything from booking international travel and coordinating high profile events to taking out the compost and keeping the studio sparkling clean.
The position will report to the Director of Operations. This role is approximately 50% remote and 50% in person at the studio or at events.
Salary range: $50-$55k based on skills and experience.
Executive Assistant Tasks
- Manage founder/CEO’s work and personal calendars. Review schedule daily, watch for double bookings
- Book and manage travel and accommodations
- Assist in monitoring founder/CEO’s inbox, flag urgent emails
- Book and schedule speaking engagements and podcast interviews
Studio and Live Event Management
- Event project management and logistics
- Manage all of Ziva’s live events. This happens on evenings and weekends at least once a month.
- Liaise with conference partners, manage contracts, set up event-specific digital assets, arrange travel, ship merch
- Administration of zivaLIVE
- Run logistics and admin of four-day course. Including coordinating outside space rentals when needed
- Manage the zivaSTUDIO
- Keep the studio sparkling clean and organized
- Clean and/or schedule cleaning
- Weekly compost, trash + recycling
- Keep the studio stocked with snacks and supplies needed for team meetings and live courses and events
- Manage studio rentals (and help attract new renters)
Other Administrative Tasks
- Be the technical liaison between our part-time customer service reps and our development team
- Answer Customer Service questions in the community to ensure customer success
- Infusionsoft administration. Eventually build and integrate new Campaigns as needed
- Assist in managing WordPress, keep current pages up to date and create new pages as needed (sales pages, opt in pages, order forms, thank you pages, etc.)
- Support the Director of Operations administratively and technologically
- Own customer testimonials and strategize how to use them to spread the word about Ziva and its benefits
- Health benefits: Full health benefits offered including vision and dental after a 90-day probationary period.
- Scholarship: As a member of the Ziva staff, you will receive a full scholarship to the zivaLIVE course valued at $1200.
- Work Remotely: This position offers a good deal of flexibility. You may work remotely when not required to be in the studio or at events (about 50/50).
- Professional Development: Ziva encourages employees to seek out professional development opportunities such as conferences, workshops, and other courses and often covers or shares associated costs.
- Funds for Self Care: At Ziva, we believe that resting is an action, and self-care is an important way to recharge in order to show up as your best self for work each day. Team members receive up to $500 per year for services related to self-care such as massages, acupuncture, ayurveda or other therapeutic services.
- Complimentary Ziva Courses: Team members can participate in an unlimited number of Ziva’s advanced courses.
- Bonus Plan: After 1 year of employment, you are eligible for our (super exciting) profit-based bonus plan.
- 2+ years related professional work experience
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and very organized
- Must be a self proclaimed ‘neat-freak’ who will take pride in making our studio sparkling clean and organized
Desire to learn new skills on the job
- Adaptable to changing procedures and processes
- Customer service experience
- Some event planning experience
- Some personal/executive assistant experience
- Desire to interact and connect with Ziva’s in person and online communities
- Must be in the NYC area, able to come in to SoHo studio up to a few times per week. Ideally you live within 30 min of studio
- Flexible schedule — role requires some evening/weekend work, particularly for live events and courses
- Interest in meditation and committing to a daily practice with The Ziva Technique
Nice to Haves:
- College degree
- Experience using a CRM (especially Infusionsoft)
- Basic HTML skills
- Basic project management skills
- Some technical experience with video (setting up and breaking down shoots)
- Basic finance reconciliation experience
- Photography skills with iPhone and/or DSLR. Basic photo editing skills
How to Apply:
This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground level of a rapidly growing company with inspiring values and a real focus on the benefit of others. We care deeply about the work that we do and each other. We are hyper-dedicated, and are ready to do whatever it takes. If you feel aligned with this mission, and have the superstar background to match, please apply by completing this form, which includes questions about you and your experience. You will also be asked to upload a resume and cover letter, as well as a 3-min video explaining why you’re interested in the company and the position and why you’re a great fit for this team.
Applications due by Nov 10 — interviews are happening now!