Are you thinking, “vision boarding? Seriously?” The answer… Yes! Seriously!
Creating a vision board is actually a powerful visualization practice. (You know, visualization — that thing that Olympic athletes, Oscar-winning actors and Oprah use to improve their performance?)
It can be easy to dismiss creating a vision board as just an arts and crafts project. But what we put our attention on grows. And taking the time to create one can change the trajectory of the rest of your year and life.
We live in an intention-dependent universe. So it’s important to get clear on what it is we want to create in our lives and in the world.
To help you get started, I created this handy dandy Vision Board Checklist so you’ll have everything you need. Make sure you carve out some time for yourself and enjoy the process.
And a reminder — the goal of creating your vision board is to get clear on your goals and intentions for 2019.
And in the meantime, if you really want to start 2019 off on the right foot, dive into Finish Strong, Start Stronger. Emily will walk you through a powerful guided exercise to celebrate your successes from 2018 and visualize all that you want to achieve in 2019.
Vision Board Checklist:
Here’s everything you’ll need to create your vision board for 2019:
- Any kind of board — a pin board, cork board, or simple poster board from the drugstore.
- Double-sided tape, a glue stick or push pins.
- 3-5 magazines to cut images and quotes from.
- Mementos and/or photos. Things that inspire you.
- Your filled out Design Your Dream 2019 worksheet
- Time. Carve out an hour or more to spend creating your board and envisioning your year.
- Extra Credit: Any art supplies that make you happy. Water colors, stickers or even crayons.
- Double Extra Credit: Get cozy. Pour yourself a cup of tea or a glass of wine. Light a candle if it makes you feel fancy. Relax and enjoy.
On Jan 1 at 2p NYC time, Emily will share her own vision board live in our zivaTRIBE Facebook group. And you better believe we want to see your vision boards, too. Send us a photo of what you come up with on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter @ZivaMeditation.