We’re Hiring a Studio and Administrative Assistant
Ziva Meditation is on a mission to make meditation accessible, entertaining and easy to adopt for high performers. We’re looking for another star player to join this highly efficient and super fun team.
Wondering what your new job could look like? We meet in person on Monday’s at our studio in SoHo. Healthy and delicious lunch is provided and then we meditate together in the afternoon. You’re encouraged to pursue personal growth and development opportunities and are given a budget with which to do that. We love to go to yoga or other exercises classes together. We also have an annual offsite where we leave the city and brainstorm big picture for the upcoming year, and we take the time to celebrate the success of the team both professionally and personally.
Our flagship studio is in the heart of SoHo in NYC. We have over 17,000 students in NYC and around the world who have learned to meditate in person or via our online course. Tens of thousands more have learned from our founder Emily Fletcher’s recent bestselling book Stress Less, Accomplish More. With the 2019 launch of the book, Ziva is growing very rapidly. We have created a brand new position at the company, and are looking for someone who is energized by our mission and willing to seek out and learn new skills in order to keep up with all we are accomplishing. The Ziva company culture is adaptive, compassionate, and exciting but also requires a high level of personal accountability, work ethic and passion. We believe “if you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” And this team is going places.
The Studio and Administrative Assistant will be a part of the expanding Operations team which is responsible for the inner workings of all processes at Ziva, as well as the customer service team which helps to support and nurture our incredible tribe of meditators. This is a unique position which includes personal assistant work for our founder, managing and caring for our beautiful studio, and live event administration and other operational tasks. This position will also support the Director of Operations and the customer service team and will get a lot of exposure to the challenges (and successes!) of a quickly growing company.
Ziva offers ongoing opportunities to develop professionally and personally. We have stellar advisors and you are encouraged to attend trainings and conferences to help you perform at the top of your game. You will have the opportunity to learn about and get your hands dirty with our CRM system, websites, event planning, studio management, and some basic finance reconciliation. Prior experience in any of these areas is a big bonus.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who not only brings exceptional organization and follow-through, but is equally energized to engage with our amazing tribe and give our meditators an exceptional experience. This person should also be eager for the opportunity to innovate, share ideas, and develop new strategies in a demanding start-up environment.
This is a role for a hyper-organized, proactive and enthusiastic administrative professional who works well individually and as part of a team in a fast-paced, high-volume company with multiple priorities and deadlines. We want someone with professional experience working in an office, but self-motivated enough to be comfortable prioritizing and working from home.
This position reports to the Director of Operations and is approximately 50% remote and 50% in person at the studio or at events. Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Manage administration of our in person meditation courses monthly (at a minimum)
- Coordinate our events and Emily’s speaking engagements
- Own the project of organizing the influx of customer testimonials and strategizing how to use them to spread the word about Ziva and its incredible benefits
- Manage our work study program including onboarding, timesheets and assigning tasks
- Assist in keeping run books and training materials up to date
- Manage all Ziva merchandise including inventory, shipping and restocking
- Manage the Ziva studio
- Keep the studio tidy and organized
- Clean and/or schedule cleaning
- Weekly compost, trash + recycling
- Keep the studio stocked with snacks and supplies needed for team meetings and live courses and events
- Manage Emily’s personal and work calendars
- Assist in monitoring Emily’s inbox
- Manage/book Emily’s travel
- Manage studio rentals (and help attract new renters)
- Some customer service — interface with Ziva students, both in person and via email/private Facebook communities, and help them on their meditation journey
- Some light bookkeeping/financial reconciliation
- Organization of digital and paper files
- Support the Director of Operations and perform other administrative tasks as needed
- 2+ years related professional work experience
- Desire to interact and connect with Ziva’s in person and online communities
- Desire to learn on the job
- Adaptable to changing procedures and processes
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and very organized
- Must be a self proclaimed ‘neat-freak’ who will take pride in making our studio sparkling clean and organized
- Customer service experience
- Must be in the NYC area, able to come in to SoHo studio up to a few times per week. Ideally you live within 30 min of studio.
- Flexible schedule — role requires some evening/weekend work, particularly for live events and courses
Nice to Haves:
- Experience using a CRM (especially Infusionsoft)
- Bookkeeping experience (especially Xero)
- Project management skills
- Some technical experience with video (setting up and breaking down shoots)
- Photography skills with iPhone and/or DSLR. Basic photo editing skills.
- Health benefits: Full health benefits offered including vision and dental after a 90-day probationary period.
- Scholarship: As a member of the Ziva staff, you will receive a full scholarship to the zivaLIVE course valued at $1200.
- Work Remotely: This position offers a good deal of flexibility. You may work remotely when not required to be in the studio or at events (about 50/50).
- Professional Development: Ziva encourages employees to seek out professional development opportunities such as conferences, workshops, and other courses and often covers or shares associated costs.
- Funds for Self Care. At Ziva, we believe that resting is an action, and self-care is an important way to recharge in order to show up as your best self for work each day. Team members receive up to $500 per year for services related to self-care such as massages, acupuncture, ayurveda or other therapeutic services.
- Complimentary Ziva Courses. Team members can participate in an unlimited number of Ziva’s advanced courses.
How to Apply:
This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground level of a rapidly growing company with inspiring values and a real focus on the benefit of others. We care deeply about the work that we do and each other. We are hyper-dedicated, and are ready to do whatever it takes. If you feel aligned with this mission, and have the superstar background to match, please apply by completing this form, which includes questions about you and your experience. You will also be asked to upload a resume and cover letter.
Applications due by May 17, interviews will be held May 20-23.
We look forward to receiving your application!