Effective Date: March 30, 2021
This Policy provides information about data we collect, use, and share, and our commitment to using the personal data we collect in a respectful fashion.
- California CCPA Policies
- Why Do We Collect Information and Data?
- What Kinds of Personal Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Collect Information?
- How Do We Use Personal Information?
- When Do We Share Personal Information?
- Third-Party Advertising
- What Security Measures Do We Have?
- What Choices Do You Have About Your Personal Information?
- Data Retention
- Children Under 13 (COPPA)
- Data Transfers
- Links to Other Websites
- Contact Us
When you access or use our Services, you acknowledge that you have read this Policy and understand its contents. Your use of our Services and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service (including any applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes).
We may update this Policy, or other privacy policies that we establish for individual products, at any time as we deem appropriate. Where the changes are material, we will post them here in advance and, if the changes are likely to affect you personally, we will also attempt to contact you directly by sending an email to the email specified in your account. It is important that you check back from time to time and make sure that you have reviewed the most current version of this Policy. Your continued use of the Services after we make changes is deemed acceptance of those changes.
Why Do We Collect Information and Data?
We rely on a wide variety of information to run our business. In some instances, this information may include data that could be used to identify a particular individual, otherwise referred to as Personal Information. In this Policy, we will provide multiple examples of how Personal Information we collect may be used and why it is important. For example, when a consumer purchases one of our products we must collect their name, email address, and payment information to complete the transaction. Some of the reasons that we collect Personal Information include to:
- Provide our products and services, including this Site, and improve them over time;
- Allow you to purchase products and services;
- Rebroadcast our live events;
- Personalize and manage our relationship with you, including introducing you to products or services that may be of interest to you or to provide customer support;
- Investigate, respond to, and manage inquiries or events;
- Work with and respond to law enforcement and regulators; and
- Research matters relating to our business such as security threats and vulnerabilities.
What Kinds of Personal Information Do We Collect?
The following are examples of the type of Personal Information that may be collected. The specific kind of information collected will depend on the Services used:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number);
- Payment information (including payment card numbers, billing address, and financial information);
- Ziva purchase or product/service use history;
- Account log-in credentials;
- Your location;
- Your interests;
- Demographic information;
- For recorded events, we may record your image and voice;
- Benefits or outcomes you want to achieve through our Services.
In addition to the above, we may also collect other information related to user interactions with or use of our Services (“Usage Data”). Much of this Usage Data, for example, clickstream data and aggregate usage statistics, is generally not personally identifying. On the other hand, some of this Usage Data either alone or when combined or linked with your Personal Information, may allow your identity to be discovered. In such cases, we treat the combined data as Personal Information. In many cases, Usage Data is gathered automatically by systems or technology such as cookies (see more information about Information Collected Automatically below).
The following are examples of the type of Usage Data that may be collected by Ziva from your web browser or related to your interactions with our products and services:
- Details about your computers, devices, applications, and networks (including IP address, browser characteristics, device ID, operating system, and language preferences);
- Activities on our websites and usage patterns of products and services (including referring URLs, dates and times of website visits, and clickstream data);
- Details about Internet, app, or network usage (including URLs or domain names of websites you visit, information about applications that attempt to access your network, or traffic data);
- Data about files and communications, such as potential malware or spam (which may include computer files, emails and attachments, email addresses, metadata, and traffic data, or portions or hashes—a hash file is a file that has been converted into a numerical string by a mathematical algorithm—of any of this information).
How Do We Collect Information?
We collect information directly from you, as well as automatically through your use of our Services and, in some cases, from third parties.
Information That You Give Us: Typically the information we collect directly from you includes contact details, payment or billing data, and relationship information like the content of customer service requests that you initiate, reviews you submit on our products, or responses to surveys. You decide how much information to share with us in most cases, but not sharing required information may limit your ability to engage in certain activities, such as payment information required to complete a purchase.
Information Collected Automatically: When you use or interact with our Site and Services, we collect information generated by your activity, like Usage Data, and other information automatically collected from your browser or mobile device. This information may include your IP address; browser type and version; preferred language; geographic location using IP address or the GPS, wireless, or Bluetooth technology on your device; operating system and computer platform; purchase history; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Site, including date and time; products you viewed or searched for; and areas of our Site that you visited. We also may log the length of time of your visit and the number of times you visit and purchase or use the Services. We may assign you one or more unique identifiers to help keep track of your future visits.
In most cases, this information is generated by various tracking technologies. Tracking technologies may include “cookies,” “flash LSOs,” “web beacons” or “web bugs,” and “clear GIFs”.
Please see our Cookie Notice for more information about the cookies and other similar technologies that we use.
Information from Other Sources: If we receive any information about you from other sources, we may add it to the information we already have about you. For example, if we receive a list of subscribers to a publication and we note that you are a user of our products and also a subscriber, we may combine that information. Examples of information we may receive from other sources includes updated delivery or payment information which we use to correct our records, purchase or redemption information, customer support or enrollment information, page view, search term and search result information from business partners, and credit or identity information which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.
For Live Events: we may record both in-person and digital live events. These recording may be done through the event software for digital events. For live events, we may record with a camera or broadcast software.
How Do We Use Personal Information?
Ziva primarily uses your information to provide Services, to customize or improve our offerings or to recommend other products or services we think you may find of interest (once you have opted-in for such communication).
Business Uses. We may use Personal Information for other business purposes, including to:
- Analyze users’ behavior when using Ziva products and services to customize preferences;
- Establish and manage Ziva accounts;
- Collect and process payments and complete transactions;
- Provide customer support, manage subscriptions, and respond to requests, questions, and comments;
- Communicate changes to our Services and this Site, as well as other products and services we offer or provide through it;
- Communicate about, and administer participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, and other offers and promotions;
- Enable posting on our blogs and other communications;
- Customize, measure, and improve our websites, products, services, and advertising;
- Analyze and develop new products, services, and websites;
- Perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities;
- Prevent, detect, identify, investigate, respond, and protect against potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behavior, and criminal activity;
- Comply with any court order, law, or legal process;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, agreements, and policies;
- For live events: we may use your likeness and voice in rebroadcasts and marketing materials;
- For social media posts: we may repost your posts on our social media channels or incorporate into our marketing materials;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- Perform other activities consistent with this Policy
Processing as Part of the Services. We also process certain information to ensure the safety and proper functioning of our Services including:
- Spam protection;
- Virus protection;
- Intrusion detection, prevention, and protection;
- Threat prevention and prediction;
- Network defense;
- Data encryption;
- Back-up and recovery activities.
When Do We Share Personal Information?
We respect the importance of privacy. Other than as provided in this Policy, we do not sell your Personal Information, nor do we share it with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing use, unless we have your consent or we are required by law to do so. Generally, we may disclose the information we collect, including Personal Information, in order to facilitate our provision of the Services or communications with customers (e.g., to service providers who perform functions on our behalf), to operate our business, to advertise or promote our Services, to facilitate changes to or transfers of our business, as required by law, or with your consent.
We may share Personal Information in the following ways:
- Other users where integral to particular Services where you have chosen to share such information, or where you have posted user content (e.g., comments and reviews, social media posts, photos or locations to groups you create);
- Authorized service providers who perform services for us (including cloud services, data storage, sales, marketing, investigations, payment processing, customer support, and bill collection). Our sub-processors are listed here.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary and appropriate to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss, including to protect against fraud or credit risk.
- To legal, governmental, or judicial authorities, as instructed or required by those authorities or applicable laws, or in relation to a legal activity, such as in response to a subpoena or investigating suspected illicit activity (including identifying those who use our services for illegal activities). We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies activities that we in good faith believe to be illegal.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, an acquisition, merger, asset sale, or other similar business transfer that involves substantially all of our assets or functions where Personal Information is transferred or shared as part of the business assets (provided that such party agrees to use such Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy).
- In order to provide marketing and advertising content about our products, or other products which may interest you, we may share your Usage Data, as well as anonymized information with third-party ad networks, social media partners, and similar providers. A more detailed discussion of our relationship with third-party advertisers is set forth below under the heading “Third-Party Advertising“.
- With others only after obtaining your consent. If we want to share Personal Information other than as permitted or described above, we will provide you with a choice to opt in to such sharing and you may choose to instruct us not to share the information.
- For live events: we may use your likeness and voice in rebroadcasts and marketing materials.
- For social media posts: we may repost your posts on our social media channels or incorporate into our marketing materials.
Ziva does not share your Personal Information with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing use without your permission.
Do Not Track Disclosure: Our Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed above (e.g., by disabling cookies). For more information about Do Not Track signals, please click here.
What Choices Do You Have About Your Personal Information?
We offer certain choices about how we communicate with our users and what Personal Information we obtain about them. Many Ziva products allow users to make choices about the Personal Information collected.
- You may choose not to receive marketing communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link or other instructions in our marketing emails.
- To make a request regarding your information under GDPR or CCPA rights, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- The email(s) addresses previous registered with Ziva which are associated with your information
- What type of request you are making
- For Parents, to make a request regarding your child’s data, please send a request to email@example.com and include:
- Your previously registered email that is associated with your child’s information
- Your child’s name, date of birth and email address (if registered with Ziva).
- The type of request you are making (deletion, transfer).
- To remove your Personal Information from a Ziva website testimonial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all data requests are subject to verification of the requestor.
If you chose to no longer receive marketing information, Ziva may still communicate with you regarding certain matters as product functionality, responses to service requests, or other transactional, non-marketing/administrative related purposes.
How you can access and correct inaccuracies: You may request access or changes to, or removal of, your Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws by contacting us as indicated below. We will advise you of any applicable fee prior to performing your request.
The time periods for which we retain your Personal Information depend on the purposes for which we use it. Ziva will keep your Personal Information for as long as you are a registered subscriber or user of our products or for as long as we have another business purpose to do so and, thereafter, for no longer than is required or permitted by law, reasonably necessary for internal reporting and reconciliation purposes, or to provide you with feedback or information you might request. The information we collect may be stored and processed in servers in the United States.
Ziva is headquartered in the United States and we have operations, entities, and service providers in the United States. We do not knowingly transfer your information to any other region.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with Ziva. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit those websites. We are not responsible for the content, privacy practices, or use of any websites that are not affiliated with Ziva.
Children Under 13 – COPPA
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (collectively, “COPPA”) require us to inform parents and legal guardians (as used in this Policy, “parents”) about our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information from children under the age of 13 (“children”). It also requires us to obtain verifiable consent from a child’s parent for certain collection, use, and disclosure of the child’s personal information. This section notifies parents of:
- The types of information we may collect from children.
- How we use the information we collect.
- Our practices for disclosing that information.
- Our practices for notifying and obtaining parents’ consent when we collect personal information from children, including how a parent may revoke consent.
- All operators that collect or maintain information from children through our Services.
Information We Collect from Children: Children can access many parts of our Services and their content and use many of its features without providing us with personal information. However, some content and features are available only to registered users and require us to collect certain information, including personal information, from them. In addition, we use certain technologies, such as cookies, to automatically collect information from our users (including children) when they visit or use our Services.
We only collect as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in an activity, and we do not condition his/her/their participation on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary.
Information We Collect Directly: A parent or child must provide us with the following information to register with this website: the child’s name, birth date, email, and a parent or guardian’s email address. We may also require the use of a password. We may request additional information from your child, but this information is optional. We specify whether information is required or optional when we request it.
For Live Events: we may capture the image and voice of yourself and your child.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking: We use technology to automatically collect information from our users, including children, when they access and navigate through our Services and use certain of its features. The information we collect through these technologies may include:
- One or more persistent identifiers that can be used to recognize a user over time and across different websites and online services.
- Information that identifies a device’s location (geolocation information).
We may combine non-personal information we collect through these technologies with personal information about you or your child that we collect online.
How We Use Your Child’s Information
We use the personal information we collect from your child to:
- Register him/her/them with our Services;
- Track her/his/their progress in our Services;
- To rebroadcast live events;
- Provide customer or technical Support; and
- Communicate with him/her/them about activities or features of our Services that may be of interest.
We use the information we collect automatically through technology and other non-personal information we collect to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Store information about the child’s preferences, allowing us to customize the content according to individual interests.
- Improve the performance of our Services.
- Evaluate our audience size and usage patterns.
We use geolocation information we collect to:
- Secure our Services from malicious use.
- Improve website performance.
- Improve website personalization.
Our Practices for Disclosing Children’s Information
We do not share, sell, rent, or transfer children’s personal information other than as described in this section.
We may disclose aggregated information about many of our users. In addition, we may disclose children’s personal information:
- To third parties we use to support the internal operations of our Service and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential. You can view a list of our subprocessors here.
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ziva, Inc., our customers or others, including to:
- protect the safety of a child;
- protect the safety and security of the Services; and
- enable us to take precautions against liability.
- To law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
Accessing or Correcting Your Child’s Information
At any time, you may review your child’s personal information maintained by us, require us to correct or delete the personal information, and/or refuse to permit us from further collecting or using your child’s information. You can review, change, or delete your child’s personal information by:
- Logging into your parent account; or
Operators That Collect or Maintain Children’s Information
A list of third party companies that Ziva, Inc. uses to collect and process personal information can be seen here.
or by writing to us at:
228 Park Ave S
New York, New York 10003-1502